Visitation is agreed to and established by the parties or the court at the time…
Divorce Survival Kit
- Get counseling so that you can unload your emotional baggage.
- Look to the future not backwards-move on. Allow plenty of time for readjustment.
- Do not try to “get back” at your spouse. Revenge has no place in a courtroom.
- Take care of yourself so that you can maintain your composure and sense of balance. Divorce is stressful-allow yourself plenty of time to decompress.
- Mediate your case rather than litigate if at all possible. Litigation is stressful.
- Tell your children that they are not to blame and that they are not being rejected or abandoned.
- Continual anger, bitterness and criticism of the other parent can harm your children more than the dissolution itself.children need to respect both parents.
- Get counseling for your children. .
- Do not force your children to take sides.
- Do not change the childrens’ routine too quickly. Children need to have a sense of continuity and order and direction.