For many seniors in the United States, the current inflationary pressures have led to financial…
Elder Law | Legal Services
No matter where we live, what our income, what political views we hold, all of us face the prospect that we are growing older in a world that is constantly changing. Navigating this changing economic and cultural environment can create anxiety and uncertainty for the elderly.
Seniors provide a rich source of untapped knowledge, experience and wisdom yet; many fail to plan adequately for a time when they may be faced with challenges unique to an older population. Aging is made more difficult, if adequate planning hasn’t been done to anticipate expected future life changes.
We need to learn how to adapt on a timely basis to: Decreasing income and perhaps a smaller family to assist us as we inevitably become older and less able to handle the physical chores we once handled with ease.
We offer you these legal services:
- Preservation/transfer of assets seeking to avoid spousal impoverishment when a spouse enters a nursing home.
- Medicaid and Medicare claims.
- Disability planning, including use of durable powers of attorney, living trusts, “living wills,” for financial management and health care decisions, and other means of delegating management and decision-making to another in case of incapacity.
- Conservatorships and guardianships.
- Estate planning, including planning for the management of one’s estate during life and its disposition on death through the use of trusts, wills and other planning documents.
- Administration and management of trusts and estates.
- Assistance with long-term care placement in nursing home and life care communities.
- Nursing home issues including questions of patients’ rights and nursing home quality.